**Why, a bundle of wonderful Henry Glass fabric of course!
a small gift from EACH blogger!!!**
Now THAT'S a present!
So....each blogger is also answering some Holiday
questions...ours get TWO answers since there's two of us!
(some have very similar answers,
what else would you expect from us??)
Here we go:
1. What is your favorite holiday food? Liz: Cookies, hands down. There are cookies I only bake at Christmas time and my family looks forward to it every year. Most of the recipes are one's that have been passed down from my Mom and memories of baking with her in the kitchen every year!
Beth: Christmas cookies! My grandma used to make what seemed like 47 different kinds of cookies each year...we couldn't WAIT to get to her house! And she made candy...fudge & divinity. I used to eat divinity 'til I was sick every year when I was a kid.
2. Does your family have a favorite holiday tradition?
Liz: Oh my goodness, so many to choose from! One of our favorites is the Christmas music mix we do each year. We find lots of funky twists on traditional tunes. The tradition started when my husband worked at a record store in his teens and would do mixed tapes! Been keeping it up a long time now.
Beth: On Christmas eve, we have "party foods". tons of different appetizers, finger foods, etc...and it usually lasts all afternoon and evening. My kids would freak out if we did something different for christmas eve dinner!
3. Did you like or hate sitting on Santa’s lap? Liz: Ok, I thought it was a little creepy. I think I only have pics of my two oldest kids with Santa. Beth: Really...what a crazy tradition! It makes no sense, on so many levels. I just remember waiting in line for Santa when my boys were little. Wondering who was going to cry that year, and just WHAT they were going to say to him.
4. Was there a gift that you really desperately wanted? Did you get it?
Liz: Oh how I wanted Barbie's town house! With the elevator??? But my sister wanted it too and I was sure she would get it. I was the little sister, I got hand-me-downs. When I opened that package on Christmas morning with MY name on it....oh I was the happiest little girl in the world! (I did share with my sister, and she added her plastic blow-up Barbie furniture...it was one sweet pad.)
Beth: I always wanted a horse, and a room of my own. Never got the horse. (And now I don't EVEN want one of those!) And I did finally get my own room, in high school. And I have one now, too--- my studio, which is a wonderful place to get away and create and enjoy the solitude.
5. What’s your favorite holiday movie?
Liz: "It's a Wonderful Life" - we watch it each year as a whole family. LOVE it!
Beth: I like so many holiday movies. But it's gotta be "A Christmas Story". Makes me laugh every time.
6. Favorite holiday song?
Liz: Oh dear...that depends on the year! But I'm a HUGE fan of Ella Fitzgerald. Her Swingin' Christmas is what we listen to while opening gifts on Christmas morning. The first few bars of her "Jingle Bells" gets us hoppin'!
Beth: The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. He had the BEST voice!
Found this one just recently...totally makes me laugh...and think of EGGNOG....
7. Do you make many holiday presents? What do you like to give?
Liz: I do like to make presents...I have good intentions anyway. I like to give something made out of fabric because it really is a labor of love, and I know the one on the receiving end appreciates it.
Beth: I would like to say YES, of course! I always have high hopes, or fleeting thoughts at least...but usually I just run out of time. I don't start thinking about Christmas til at least Thanksgiving!
8. Would you prefer a large fully decorated tree or one like Charlie Brown’s tree?
Liz: I'm with Beth here...I like both! Lots of trees decorate my house, but the main one is a fully decorated 15-footer!
Beth: I like both! Sometimes we have more than one tree... I have a huge "upside-down" christmas tree that I like to decorate with just snowmen and snowy looking things. My family hates it because it is really hard to set up (even though I hang all the ornaments!) They groan every year. But that's why I have all these men around here, right?
9. If you could go back in time, when would you say was your most favorite holiday memory? Liz: Playing games with my siblings during Christmas break! Eating cookies, listening to music, playing our board games. We always got new games for Christmas. Santa was no dummy (...there were six kids that had to be entertained!) Beth: Just every year when I was a kid...trekking the (we thought long) one-hour in the car to my grandparents house for Christmas day. It was the same every year...the tons of food, goodies, family. Loved it! And miss it.
10. Do you like a big family gathering at the holidays or do you prefer a small dinner followed by hot chocolate by the fire?
Liz: BOTH! I have so much fun with my family, it wouldn't be Christmas without them! But I love quiet evenings by the fire. And I wouldn't turn down a cup of hot chocolate or, my favorite....EGGNOG. (with nutmeg, of course!) I make it homemade every year for Christmas Eve. Beth: Can I say a big family party, and THEN when they all leave, quiet time by the fire?! The best of both worlds!
Now...for the FREEBIE project you've ALL been waiting for! Here ya go. It's called... We Put a Bird on It! HAHA! No actually, we couldn't think of a name we liked so we thought, HEY, why not ask our PEEPS???
Leave us a comment with the name YOU think fits this project. Whichever name we like best....WINS A PRIZE! (there could be runner-up prizes too, there might be a lot of creative names out there!)