Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No POWER! Ugh.



Oh winter....why doth thou torment me?! Our latest wintery infliction has been an ice storm. And though parts of it are pretty...like little icicles hanging off EVERYTHING. Other parts are not.



Like my driveway that looks like an ice skating rink! AND the fact that ice + lots of tree branches = icy branches falling on power lines. Which in turn equals NO POWER. Sigh. No computer. No Internet. And NO sewing machine today!!! Just an iPhone which has only 31% battery power. Think it'll last me? And boy would a treadle machine come in handy about now! Thank goodness I got some sewing in yesterday. I must have known...



I found this pattern on Etsy this weekend from Sew Spoiled SewSpoiled.



So I whacked up my Hip Happy strike-off's....



And made the CUTEST case EVER!



Well...of course that's a matter of opinion. Seriously can't wait for Hip Happy to come so I can play with it some more!

But first...let's get that power back on shall we?



5 comments:

  1. hope your power comes back soon......

    cute Ipad case... I need the IPad first tho!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for your fabric either...it is soooo adorable...thinking of lots of fun projects...sorry about your weather....don't like to rub it in, but took a walk on a beautiful California beach yesterday and was so glad I live in So Cal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so bummed because none of your pictures came through with this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all quilters try (then fall in love with) Aurifil thread - it's amazing~~makes piecing & applique so easy & fun. This blog hop is fun too & LOVE this block! Thanks for sharing your creativity with all of us

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We love hearing from you.