Thursday, December 2, 2010

Halls are DECKED!

Holiday Project Parade Day 2....



Did you hop through the all the blogs yesterday?  LOTS of people did!  It was FANTASTIC to see all the comments!  Are ya ready for Day 2?  It's not OUR day YET, but here's who ya need to visit today.  Remember, EACH blog is mentioning a special HOLIDAY WORD.  Keep tabs of all those words so at the end of the week, you can enter them on the Henry Glass blog to win 
LOADS of fabric.  
Seriously, what could make the Christmas season brighter than winning fabric???

Check out THESE blogs today: 

First --
Amy Hamberlin of Kati Cupcake


Then--
Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.


And finally--
Kari Ramsay of Fresh Cut Quilts


I've already seen their projects today, they are SO CUTE!  
Carrie's "Shiny Brite" makes me want to QUIT decking the halls RIGHT now and go sew...if only I had that cute fabric bundle she's giving away.  Hmmmmmm.  Honestly, all the projects look like so much fun.  I'm busy printing away so I have them ALL for my project book at the end!

Speaking of decking the halls.....I THINK I'm done!  Well, ok, the INSIDE is done, now the outside of the house needs some twinkly, sparkly lights.
However, all those big ol' now-empty bins are sitting next to the basement stairs.  They're waiting for my nice strong son's to come home from school.  That's what kids are for, right?

Some of the things that made me smile while deckin'...


I put a GORGEOUS poinsettia next to my tree on the fireplace.  I LOVE it's cherry red color, don't you?  And it's so nice that my kids are older now so I can actually have a LIVE one in the house!


How many times have you seen the Nutcracker?  Hanging the ornament reminds me of all the music and the wonderful ballet.  Back  in a different life when I was a teenager....I played the flute in a small ensemble.  



At Christmas we'd play at tree festivals, in bank lobbies, and even some personal parties.  Oh the amazing houses I went into!  One party we did was in a mansion of a house with a massive tree in the entryway that went up about 4 stories high.  It was one of those houses with two staircases running up the middle of the house.  EACH room in the house had a tree, and EACH tree had a THEME.  I swear, it's the kind of house you only see in movies!  We got to stand on one of the landings and play near the tree,  where the acoustics floating up and down the entire house.  Unbelievable! But always, my favorite piece we played was from the
 Nutcracker: Dance of the Mirlitons.  SO fun on the flute!

But I'm guessing you'll have to take my word for it.

Ahhhh... the good old days!

A few more things made me smile yesterday....this was another....


That's my littlest one.  She'll be 11 this month!  I LOVE seeing these handmade ornaments with cute pics of the kids as they grow.  It's fun taking them out every year and remembering just how little they used to be.  These are my REAL treasures of Christmas.  Family memories.

How about you?  What do YOU treasure this season???

Now I'm off to fill some stockings for a niece of mine who will be spending Christmas away from home.  I'm filling them with ALL sorts of fun goodies to make her smile.


And BEFORE I leave you...I wanted to give YOU something to make you smile.  Lots of facebook fans have been askin' so here it is....THE ROLL recipe!  
Just click on the link for a downloadable pdf.



Have fun on the blog hop today.  
Come back and tell us your favorite projects so far!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the joyful information you shared with us. I will be checking out the other blogs in a second. I too have homemade ornaments on my tree with pictures of my grandchildren when they were very little. They are all teenagers now but, I still love pulling them out of the box and hanging them on the tree. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot.. the rolls the rolls the rolls!!
    I feel like the little guy on fantasy island......

    did you triple the batch on thanksgiving??? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing "The Roll" recipe. You are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We love hearing from you.